5 SOLID REASONS TO LOVE INSTAGRAM AND YOUTUBE TOGETHER
I recently met up with YouTuber Salma Jafri at INBOUND in Boston where she interviewed me about Instagram. I shared some great ways to use Instagram with YouTube.
5 reasons why Instagram and YouTube work well together:
- Instagram is a visual social network that compliments YouTube.
- You can create sound bites from your YouTube videos to gather interest for your video.
- Hashtags make it easy to add your content to the Instagram conversation.
- Instagram Stories are a great way to show behind the scenes of your video.
- Engagement on Instagram is higher than other social channels so it’s a wise place to grow your social platform.
HOW TO LOVE INSTAGRAM + YOUTUBE TOGETHER:
- Create an Instagram post when you have a new video live. It gives you something to do while you wait for the video to upload.
- Add a call to action in your Instagram post to click the link in your bio to see the full video.
- Create an Instagram Story with a link to your YouTube video.
Your story is a way of sharing photos and videos with your followers that disappear after 24 hours. To share a photo or video to your story:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. You can also:
Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
Adding links to your story is a feature that’s currently being tested. Right now, only verified accounts are able to add links to their story.
When you add a link to your story, people will see See More at the bottom of the screen, and can tap to view the link inside the app.
Need more Instagram ideas? Instagram is the place on social media to share things you love, what you do, and paint a picture of your life. Use this space to create a window into your world that will help build your likability and show who you are.
Article written by: Peg Fitzpatrick